SHAZZAM
Friday, July 06, 2007
  Things I'm feeling right now...
- Hate all you want. Kelly Clarkson's new album is pretty good. Yes, several of the songs involve her bitterness and seething, but there are some gems, too (How I Feel, Don't Waste Your Time, and Maybe--the whole album is great, but these could be the major singles). I love you Clive, but give your girl a chance!

- These two videos.

- After drinking Coke Zero and Diet Mountain Dew, I am back to drinking regular Coke. And it is nice. I am worried that my teeth might fall out because Coke (...and really most sodas) is full of sugar, but I'm using flouride, and I'm flossing, so hopefully I'm good.

- Going home. I haven't been home in a miiiinute, so I am very much looking forward to getting out of town, seeing my people, and chilling out. Even though I'll have to do some work while I'm there, it'll be pretty nice to be home and doing it.

- Oh, and another album that's pretty good. I won't say it's nearly even as good as KC's, but Kelly Rowland's new one is pretty good. Mathew Knowles, again, gives her the second place treatment and doesn't bring in the big doggs (Swizz Beats, the Neptunes, Rich Harrison, etc) to give Rowland a slickly produced sound, but there are several songs on this album that are nice: "Still In Love With My Ex," "Every Thought Is You," and "Better Without You." "Come Back" sounds like a poor man's "My Love"--it's a pretty blatant copy. And the lyrics are dumb. And that's not to say that Beyonce is know for her lyrical prowess (I'm pretty sure she reveled in the glow of "Bootylicious"), but this song is not very good. However, it is the first half of the album that is kind of lame, and it picks up in the second half. That is, until she hits you with, "This Is Love." This. Is. Crap. I just read a review today that compared Kelly's album to Destiny's Child from a few years back. I'd say I have to agree--meaning, that this would've been hot three or four years ago because it sounds like a throwaway DC album. Ugh. We'll see how this goes the second time around.

- I got a refund for a Half.com purchase that never arrived. That's exciting. eBay has a good customer protection plan, so if you get jacked you're covered. Thank god.

- I think I may have a funny story to post later. If I can get some real work done today, then I'll take some time and write it. It could be worth the wait.

Peace.

Labels: , ,

 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Who doesn't love a little Shaq-fu?

ARCHIVES
April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 /


Music I'm listening to:
New Order - Power, Corruption & Lies


Subscribe to my feed

Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory

Powered by Blogger

Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory

Blogwise - blog directory

Humor Blogs - Blog Top Sites