SHAZZAM
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
  American Idol - The Finals
I seriously voted like 12 times for Jordin tonight. If she doesn't win, I'll be quite upset and disappointed. It might rank up there with Dubya being reelected. Ok, I can't equate beatboxing and Iraq, but...Blake was awful tonight. He stands zero to little chance of winning. Even after his lame attempt at bringing "You Give Love a Bad Name" back, he wasn't fresh nor awesome. The redux wasn't quite as good as the first time we heard it. And, wow, another Maroon 5 song this week. He's got some image issues, both musically and stylistically (stop the argyle insanity!) to work out if he wants to not end up like Diana DeGarmo.

If anything, tonight's final showed that Granny Doolittle deserved to be in the final to give us something to talk about. I think the only thing we have to talk about tomorrow morning is if we can expect a Clarkson-like breakdown at tomorrow night's announcement that Jordin Sparks is the American Idol. And it's not even that Blake's shittiness helped make a mediocre night for Jordin a little brighter. She killed it. All three songs were great. I was like WTF when Ryan said she'd be doing Christina Aguilera's "Fighter" but I think Jordin wanted to make up for her awkward attempts at non-ballads thus far this season, and she showed she can do more than just pageant performances. And then she blasted us away with the Martina McBride song. Ok, I will say she needs to learn how to move more than just anything above her shoulders. She's so immobile, but when they close-up on her face, she looks like she's so into it. Move a little!

The final song, which will go down with the other cheesy finalist singles ("A Moment Like This," "I Believe," and that weird one Carrie Underwood did about being inside your love or something), was as cheesy and melodramatic as it should be. Jordin delivered the performance we have come to expect from American Idol finalists. Blake could've fooled me into thinking this was the top 32 show and he was vying for a spot in the top 12.

I might not have been watching all season, but I think I tuned in right as it got good. I didn't have to sit through Shitjaya. I was beginning to think this season would be a complete waste of time. And until last week, I was thinking that I was so wrong. Then Melinda got booted. Yet, I think even though this final was completely one-sided, it did show that Jordin is the most deserving of the title of those singers that are left.

Blake never stood a chance.

Labels: ,

 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Who doesn't love a little Shaq-fu?

ARCHIVES
April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 /


Music I'm listening to:
New Order - Power, Corruption & Lies


Subscribe to my feed

Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory

Powered by Blogger

Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory

Blogwise - blog directory

Humor Blogs - Blog Top Sites