SHAZZAM
Sunday, February 05, 2006
  Things I Don't Understand
I am convinced that I can check my email only so many times before it really starts to get to me. There hasn’t been much for days, and still I check. There wasn’t anything new five minutes ago, and still I check. I sometimes have my email open in multiple windows because I forget that I opened a window already to check my email. This is kind of pathetic. I don’t really know why I am incessantly checking this thing! It’s like crack or something. I don’t get it.

A few months ago I kind of made a big deal out of the “My Humps” song and how horribly bad it was. Let me begin by declaring how big of a hypocrite I am. I am sitting here typing this with the aforementioned song stuck in my head. I love this song and not for any particular reason other than its insane infectiousness. Talk about crack! I don’t get why I like this song either, especially after having hated on it so much. I can only pray that this song is not rewarded with any kind of award (uh, why was “Let’s Get It Started” nominated for song of the year last year?). Otherwise, I swear I will be love drunk off her lovely lady lumps!

Damn it, I just checked my email again. And you know, it tells me every time there’s a new one, so I don’t even need to be clicking on it to see if anything new has arrived. I think this is a problem.

I love being vague as fuck. Like just now, I was asked, “What are you doing” and instead of being like, “Writing this goofy blog,” I said, “Sitting here.” I don’t even do it to be an asshole; I do it because I think it’s kind of funny. Folks all over the place are always so vague and it irritates the shit out of me, so I don’t really know why I do this. Like people who never, ever choose something. Where do you want to eat? I don’t care. What movie do you want to watch? I don’t care. Do you like to kill puppies? Sure. By the way, answering sure to a question borders on being hyper-vague. Do you think my hair looks ok, even though it’s mad fluffy and kind of funky looking? Sure. Fool, do not answer sure! Also, let me say that this is not a for real example from my life, and I am calling no one out. It is only an example of the retarded vagueness that is answering questions with “sure”.

Ah, I just resisted the temptation to check my email again. Now that I have admitted that I have a problem, I can work on conquering it! Not that this mess is taking over my life, however. This is getting kind of dumb. I suppose I should stop now before I start shaking in non-email-checking-withdrawal.

Damn it, I just did it again!

Labels: ,

 
Comments:
jon, don't worry about it. i check my e-mail compulsively too. i knew there was a reason we were friends

v.p.
 
it's nice to know that i'm not the only one who first bemoaned the "my humps" song and then turned traitor.

-lillie-
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Who doesn't love a little Shaq-fu?

ARCHIVES
April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 /


Music I'm listening to:
New Order - Power, Corruption & Lies


Subscribe to my feed

Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory

Powered by Blogger

Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory

Blogwise - blog directory

Humor Blogs - Blog Top Sites